Shadow's Of The Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RP site with creatures of all kinds.

HomeWelcome!GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alexa and Kayson

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm

She smiled as she moved about the stable knowing that it was Sara's birthday. She knew that Justin was getting too old and small for Sara, and because of that, she hd decided to do something about it.
In the stall in front of her was a beautiful black Welsh Cob stallion, he was young and Sally had trained him. After Sara had gone to bed, Sally had trailered him over and Alexa had helped to get him into the barn, while Kayson made sure Sara didn't see him.
It was the school holidays, and today was Sara's birthday. Sure the rinding school classes were still going on, but today was more of a gymkhana. Sally had taken the time to get the new welsh cob used to the the games, and he seemd eager for such things.
Smiling, she whiped a bit of mud off his leg before heading back to the house, nodding to her students as she passed. They were all busy getting ready for the gymkhana.
Moving to where Sara's room was she knocked. "Sara, are you up yet, hon? I have a surprise for you, since its your birthday."

Kayson looked up from the kitchen table as Alexa entered, smiling warmly at her and watched as she went to wake Sara, their adopted daughter. He knew she would love this surprise, as much as she loved her little pony she would love having another.
Sara woke, rubbing her beady eyes as someone called her name.
"Yes mum..." she called as she yawned, heaving herself out of bed. Today she was turning 16. She grinned at the thought, hurrying to drag her clothes on and see her pony.
Opening the door she suddenly halted at Alexa's face, grinning from ear to ear and hugging her adoptive parent.
"Morning!" she cheered, brushing past her and bounded down the stairs towards Kayson.
"Hey dad," she said hugging him as well as he chuckled and motioned for her to sit.
"Sit Sara," he said and she shook her head
"No, I want to go see Justin...." she said and Kayson raised and eyebrow.
"Don't you want your presents first?" he questioned and she paused at that.
"If your quick....." she mumbled finally.

"there are not as many as there have been in previous years, Sara. Only one from me, and it was rather expensive."
Lily came running into the room. "Happy Birthday sis!" In her arms was a big box, filled with several things. A new showing bridle, a new hoof pick, some new jodphurs, and the most expensive was the new knee high dressage black leather boots. "This is from Kira and me." The three girls were all close freinds, despite the age differences.
Alexa smiled. "Kira would be up here, but she;s busy at the moment, sorting out all the kids and helping get the ponies ready for my other surprise for you." This time, there was no chance that any of the kids would know, other than Kira at the moment. She ahd made sure of that.
Kira was turning out to be as talented as Alexa was now, and that was something that Alexa was pleased about, though a little surprised of. Soon, she knew that kira would give her as run for ehr money, with Tycoon.

Sara smiled slightly, shaking her head slightly.
"Mum, you know I already got the best present when I was 8," she said quietly, standing and hugging her tightly before kissing her cheek. They would know what she meant, for she had been 8 when they had adopted her. That year she had gotten a family. A wonderful one at that.
Pulling away as her little sister ran into the room, she hurried to help her with the large load in her arms.
"Thanks Lily," she said, picking up her sister and giving her a tight bear hug "just what I wanted!"
Putting down her newly unwrapped items, she turned to Alexa and Kayson with her hands on her hips, cocking an eyebrow in question.
"What else?" she asked, hating surprise and knew that Kira would be here unless it was something really huge.
Sighing, she knew they wouldn't tell her just yet.
"Can I at least go and see Justin now?" she begged

"I know you're going to love this one, Sara. Come with me, over to the breeding barn," Alexa said, smiling. "I know you got the best of presents back then, but this is something I had to do for you."
She chuckled. "And for Justin as well." If it was something she was still well known for, it was putting all the horses first. This was a present that she hoped her daughter would like. She led the way down towards the stall that the black Welsh Cob was in.
"He's yours as well. I know that Justin is still you're favorite pony in the world, but he's getting old now, and you're really too big for him. That's why i bought you this sweet young one, so that you have another to ride now. Justin will still stay with us of course."

Sara bounded behind her adoptive mother, unable to wait and see what it was. The breeding barn? Maybe she was getting a foal. She grinned at the idea.
For her and Justin? Maybe it was a foal...
Halting behind Alexa, she gasped and blinked in surprise.
"He's beautiful..." she murmured, offering a hand to the Welsh Cob and rubbed his soft, ebony nose.
"Does he have a name yet?" she questioned, still grinning from ear to ear and patting the stallion with a gentle hand.

"He's young, but Sally's trained him. As for a name, he doesn't actually have one at the moment. Once you have a name for him, I'll have a name plate made in the other stable for him to have his own stall. He's only in here because I wanted him hidden from you."
She smiled though as she saw Kira jogging over towards them. There was no doubt that the slender eighteen year old was growing into a fine horse rider now. Some of the time it was hard to see her beating the challenges Alexa set for her.
So much was happening over the last five years and everyone known to Alexa was changing. Lily seemed to have inherited her amount of skill in the saddle, a thing Alexa was proud of. Tonight though, she had something planned to do with Kayson.
She knew that not many more competitions were coming her way with Prince. The stallion was getting older now.
Jogging away from Sara, she stopped and asked, "Yes Kira?"
"Everyone is waiting in the arena, Mrs. King," Kira replied. "Well, except your family and myself."
"You go join them, I'll sort out my family. We'll be there shortly, Kira."
Kira left, calling, "Happy Birthday, Sara!" over her shoulder.
Alexa headed back to her family. "Why don't you give him a go today, Sara?" She knew that the cob was well trained, and would excell today.

She bounced in place, unable to stop herself from the cheek-aching grin on her face.
"Thank you!" she breathed, hugging Alexa so tightly as if she might break bones "this is the best birthday ever!"
Finally letting Alexa go, she paused, the smile dimming.
"This...doesn't mean I have to sell Justin does it?" she whispered, tears brimming in her orbs at the mere idea. But she quickly blinked them away, knowing Alexa and Kayson wouldn't do that to her. Waving and yelling her thanks to her best friend, Kira she slid into the stall of the young stallion.
"Sadron," she murmured, looking up to Alexa for approval for the name she had though to match the ebony stallion.
Running a hand down his legs, checking his feet and studied the beautiful stag, she could not help but smile once more. He was perfect, and obviously was bred to be a jumper by the settlement of his legs and shaped body. Running over his bodice lightly with a brush, guessing he had already been brushed due to the glossy shine of his coat, she swiftly tacked him with practiced movements.
She could not help but sigh quietly as the well trained horse stood stock still at her advances, already missing her stubborn pony and his ways. Justin had always bloated his stomach, making her slip when she tried to mount him. A giggle escaped her at the memory, but she knew that she was much to big for him now. She was happy so long as she could keep him.
Ready, she lead the obedient horse for the arena where the others were all waiting. Mounting easily, she settled in the saddle as she clipped her helmet in place and shifted in line beside Kira with a grin.
"Hey."

“Until he dies of old age, Justin will always be yours, Sara, you know us better than that I hope.” she laughed though, leaving her to get used to the cob. “nice name,” she called as she carefully tacked up Prince. This was going to be a fun day for them all. This time, her whole family was participating, and this time, she was the one who had organised the whole mini show. There was only one judge, Sally.
Smiling, she led Prince out, it had only taken her five minutes to get the stallion back to what he always looked like before a show. He was gleaming, and she knew that he was the best horse in the world to her. Pausing where Sara was, she added, “I'd sooner sell Prince.” She knew that her daughter would know that she never wanted to give away Prince, so there was no chance that Justin would ever leave them either.
Laughing she continued on, pausing to help Lily with her stubborn palomino Welsh mountain pony, Macaroni. Macaroni never played up with her around though and soon all of them were heading out to the arena.
"hey Sara." Kira replied, grinning at her. "Well at least you're going to have a very horsey birthday, unlike me." Her mother still didn't understand how she felt about Tycoon. The dun Quarter Horse stallion shifted under her as Sadron moved beside him.
Sara grinned, nodding to her friend but smiled softly at the mention of her mother. She knew how hard it was to have a parent who did not understand such a bond between horse and rider.
"Sadron," she murmured quietly, the harks flickering back at the sound of her voice as she gently patted his muscular shoulder.

Kayson wandered down to the ring, Idi following him without a lead. It had been a while since he had ridden, but Alexa had convinced him to get back out their today. He had given up riding soon after Alexa had first one a gold medal, choosing to work hard and keep paying for their lifestyle. He enjoyed the office hours, yet nothing quiet felt the same as it did with him in the saddle. He missed the dapple mare and her loving temper. He had stopped showing even before then, despite being asked to ride at the Olympics alongside his wife. No one could understand why.
"Come on Idi, old girl," he cooed, saddling her quickly and mounted in a graceful movement before walking into the ring with a grin to Alexa.
It was good to be back in the saddle.

She laughed as she spotted him, joining him with the other adults happily. "Let's see how good you and Idi really are," she chuckled. This would be interesting, to see which one of the horses came out on top this time.
She could see a few of the kids staring at her, as was normal though when ever she was in one of these little shows. There were not really any rewards, except tht eothers all graduating from the class they were in. That was their reward, if they did well. For Alexa though, it was simply to have fun.

Kayson laughed easily, still looking as natural in the saddle as he always had.
"I might be sore tomorrow though," he chuckled, shifting his weight slightly with a smile.
"Let's see how old Idi goes, its been a while since anyone's been on her," he said, not caring if he won or lost. It was for fun, merely that and nothing else. That was one of the reasons he hated eventing. It was 'must win' with everything. It sucked the fun from it all.
5 years, almost 6 years he had been married. For the last 3, well he had barely had time to see his family let alone ride a horse. Though he always had time for Idi, not allowing anyone else to care for her. She was his, and only his.
"Sara looks happy," he said quietly, nodding at the giggling and chatting figure. She had changed so much in the years they had been together, she was so much happier now.

“That our daughter has,” she commented. There was no doubt in her mind that they would all have a good day. “And I know you will be, but you have to make some time for this sort of thing as well, you know. Idi's getting unfit.” Though she knew she was teasing him, she was also scolding him for not spending more time with the rest of the family. “And who said anything about this not being fun?” she knew he had been thinking it.
There was nothing he could hide from her. She wondered though, what he would say later on though, while the kids were all out together. James was taking Sara and Lily out for dinner. They would have the house to themselves tonight, the girls were staying with Talila for a sleep over.
“Wait here,” she said. Then she nudged Prince forwards turning to face the rest of the people in the arena. “Well, its that time if the year again for all of you. Its time for our annual little show, that tells me, who will be graduating to the next riding class after today is over. Do your best everyone, I am not the one judging, instead, Sally is. Instead I will be competing as one of you.”

Kayson sighed softly, knowing what she was talking about.
"I only work so hard so we can keep the farm," he reminded her gently, reaching over to squeeze her hand gently and smiled gently.
"I'm taking some time off soon anyway, been saving up my days so I can spend some of the holidays with everyone."
"And this is fun," he said with a nod towards the group "I never said it wasn't."
Nodding slightly as she moved off, he gently patted Idi's side and smiled, remembering the days he had spent with her. And how he and Alexa had meet. Having Idi and Prince had been one of the many things they had in common.

Prince trotted back to stand beside Idi again he moved flawlessly, not worried at all by the suddenly serious seeming riders around him. He was still the biggest horse in the group, and as such was always the undisputed leader. A few of his son's were here now though, being ridden by the more experienced riders.
“I'm glad you are,” Alexa replied. He knew that she was glad that he worked hard, but she did like spending more time with him, it was something she hardly got to spend enough of with him.
It was not long though before Sara and Kira's intermediate class began. It was hard for Alexa though to know who to cheer for more, they were both close to her. Kira was her student, and a close friend to her, Sara her daughter. Not the easiest thing for her to do. Kira seemed to work flawlessly with Tycoon, just as she did with Prince. One day, she knew that they would be a serious challenge for her to beat.
In her own eyes, both of the girls passed with flying colours.

The unfamiliar stallion moved flawlessly from under her, she had no need to correct his stride or adjust his length. He responded easily to every shift of her weight, obviously very well trained to signals. A good dressage horse as well, she guessed.
Sara followed Kira though the course, she and Sadron moving as one. She could not help but grin, having never ridden such a well trained horse.
Passing the course without a mere bump of a pole, she halted with a smile at Kayson and Alexa. She was so lucky to have parents who understood her so well.
Halting back in line, she patted the barely panting stallions neck.
"Good boy,"she murmured, kissing his neck gently. She could tell they would work well together.

She smiled as she watched all of her students rushing to do what they were meant to do. There were some things that she had to watch them do, while the other teachers watched as well. It was clear though that her students were the ones who stood out in the group, not the others.
Soon though the events came to an end, the last class being one where Alexa and Kayson both competed. As always she felt that same soaring feeling she always did as Prince moved through the set courses she gave him. It really felt like she was floating. When kayson joined her at the end though she said, “We've got the house to ourselves tonight. Talila and James are taking the girls out.”

Kayson put Idi though her paces after watching Kira and Sara ride proudly. They were as much his students as they were Alexa, seeing as he helped out here as much as he could. He taught and overall helped with the barn's management.
Idi moved breathlessly, seeming to enjoy the movements once more compared to her daily, paddock wander.
Finally, feeling that her muscles were stretched her lined himself with the jumps and took each one as flawlessly and as neatly as he used to. He beamed, finished as he pulled in beside Alexa. Never did he feel as free as he did when jumping, the movements leaving all his stress and worries behind.
"Good girl Idi," he cooed to the fae, rubbing her neck and sighed, knowing she was unfit, but still gave her heart to her riders commands.
Looking up from under his brown-blonde locks, he smiled warmly to his wife.
"Do we just?" he mused allowed, stepping out of the saddle and walked Idi a few strides, frowning.
"I need to cool her down...keep that thought though," he winked with a grin, leading the panting mare with a small worry. Maybe he shouldn't had ridden her today.

She chuckled, knowing that the girls were excited about what they were going to be up to tonight at Talila's house.
“We do,” she replied.
There was no doubt in her mind though that all of them were going to have a great night tonight.
She smiled though as she found him in the barn later that afternoon, the girls had gone with James, she'd seen them off.
“What do you feel like doing?” she asked, now that everyone was gone home and things.
Even Kira was gone, she'd had to rush off to a date.
There was no chance that she knew they would not likely take advantage of the night alone.
It was not something that they often had these days.
She'd had to help with a few of the ponies before she'd found him though, knowing there were a few that would give their rider's more trouble than needed.
She found him just outside of Idi's stall, brush still in hand as he rubbed her soft nose, frowning lightly.

Smiling slightly to his wife, a arm snaked itself around her waist and pulled her into his side as they watched the aging fae.
"Has Prince been out with Idi lately?" he asked her quietly, smile tugging at his lips and he kissed her cheek, tracing gently up her cheekbone before pulling away. A night alone. Just the two of them. It was a rare event and he had every thought to spend it just with her. Maybe he would take her out for dinner. Then maybe a movie and then who knows what.
“No actually she hasn't. He's been running in one of the paddocks with Angel Eyes, I'm hoping to get them to breed soon.” She smiled, knowing he'd know the name to be that of a beautiful pure bred brown Arabian that she'd bought for the stud side of things. That was where she came into these things.
“Finally they're starting to show a little bit of interest in each other.” She chuckled as he kissed her. “Why do you ask?” Her eyes looked over at Idi for a moment before looking back to him in confusion. Was there a problem?
The frown creased upon his forehead slightly, but he smiled down at Alexa softly.
"I think she's in foal love," he told her "I knew she felt odd today..."
He gestured towards her stomach "I thought she just wasn't very fit and has been much to spoilt...but now that I look closer..."
Shrugging his broad shoulders and running a hand though his mop of hair, his eyes sparkled slightly.
"I'll run a test tomorrow, see if I'm just thinking things," he said "I was planning on covering her soon anyways."
Actually, he had been planning it for a while but just hadn't had time. He knew that Prince and her would have stunning foals, a good lot of talent upon their hooves and would sell for a lot. Not that he would ever see the foal.
The only problem was how she got pregnant in the first place.
Turning away from the hay munching fae, he picked Alexa up and scooped her into his arms.
"Now, my love," he grinned "I want to hear more of this night ahead of us."

She thought about it for a moment. How could the mare be pregnant, if she hadn't been running with any of the -
"I think I know who covered her, by accident. I had to go get Danny Boy from one of the paddocks, and she was in that paddock."
Though whether she was right though was another thing entirely.
She giggled though when he picked her up. "I didn't plan anything," she replied. "Well except to get us to have a night alone at least. Talila and James seemed eager to help, and we decided it would be Sara's bithday." She grinned.

He chuckled, head shaking slightly.
"Trust Idi," he muttered, knowing the fae had most likely been teasing the stallion with all her might.
"Ah well, he's a good stud," he said and smiled down upon Alexa.
"How about I treat my wife to a wonderful dinner... maybe a movie and see what else we can do before the kids get home?" he offered, sparkle within his handsome green orbs.

“That he is,” she replied, kissing him gently.
“Gotten a few good little foals from him already in the last few years. They'll do him proud, I know it.”
She chuckled.
“Sounds like a good plan for the night. We've got the house to ourselves till 5 in the afternoon tomorrow. Apparently, they are all having a girls day out.”
She laughed.
“never was fond of those sort of things.”
It was good to see the girls getting on with each other so well.
They all knew what the story was with Lily now though, and Sara and Talila both understood her background too well.
Everyone was happy.
Life seemed perfect.
She knew though one of the things they would do that night.
It was something she had once been very afraid of, but now, that fear was completely gone from her mind.

He chuckled warmly along with her, knowing just how different she was from them in that fashion. She was rather the 'get in the dirt' kind of girl, rather then the 'oh my god shoes!'.
Wrapping an arm around her slight build, he pressed his full lips to the top of her head.
"Don't I know it," he murmured as they headed back into the house.
Kicking the door opened with a booted toe, they headed into the kitchen.
"Did you want me to cook..or did you want to go out for dinner?" he asked, raising a suggestive eyebrow before laughing. It felt good to laugh once more, having it been a while since he had felt as free as he did now.

She laughed as they moved into their house, noticing the silence without the girls running around and chasing each other.
“It's quiet without Sara and Lily around.”
She chuckled though.
It was a good thing though having a little bit of time to themselves for once.
One more month and she knew it would be six years for them.
“Maybe go out this time?” she suggested after hearing his question.
“You cook most of the time, seeing as I'm normally still busy outside.”

Kayson grinned broadly, knowing just the place and made a soft gesture towards her.
"Out we go...though I think it best we shower first?" he voiced it as a question, finally noticing that they weren't fully decent to be going out to a nice place to eat.
Taking her hand gently, he led her up the stairs and into their large and nicely furnished bedroom.
"Dress nicely," he chided her, kissing her cute little nose before moving into the other bathroom, allowing her to ready herself in peace.
He grinned to himself, the night ahead already planned within his mind.

She almost hit him for that last remark.
“Since when do I not when we go out these days?”
He knew she always had to dress well, people tended to stare when she was out in the same street as they were.
She was a well known person now when it came to what she did.
Moving into the bathroom though, she showered quickly, not taking too long to get ready.
The dress she chose this time was long and a deep blue in colour, with a low lying v-neck and no sleeves.
There were two layers to the skirt, one lower than the other.
It didn't take long for her to get her hair back in a rather ornate bun.
A long turquoise necklace wrapped around her neck.
“You ready?” she called, after moving back into the kitchen quietly.

He chuckled at her muttered reply, knowing it the truth. But, as she had said herself before, she was nothing like the girly type. She dressed to appear as the winner she was, nothing more.
Showering quickly, he clambered into the clothes he had grabbed from the room and went down stairs, two at a time, to await for his beautiful wife.
Sitting in one of the basket woven chairs, he tapped his large fingers against the desk and waited for her appearance. When she did show, his fingers froze mid-air and his heart caught in his throat. Clearing it quietly, he blinked and broke into a smile.
"Well don't you scrub up nicely?" he chuckled, standing and pulling her into a hug and kissed her lightly upon her lips.
"You looks stunning," he told her honestly, eyes dancing as he took her in. Like the day he met her, she was still as beautiful and looked not even a day older.
"Now, out we go!" he cheered, looping his arm though hers and leading the way to his car.
Funny thing was, that it was a ute. A once white ute, not that you could tell.

“I guess its a habit that is growing on me,” she replied to him, before kissing him back.
Smiling though, she followed him out to his old ute.
“One day you are going to have to clean this, you know.”
Everything else outside was usually kept spotless, she was the one who worked out here, looking after the grounds.
She chuckled though as she got in easily. Something told her, he had already planned the whole night. She wondered though where they were going though she did not ask.

The man shrugged his shoulders slightly, uncaring that his ute had a bit of mud upon it.
"Means no one dares touch it," he said, humor dancing within his orbs.
His hand stretched between their seats, taking her hands gently within his.
"Now...lets go have some fun," he told her, driving the car with one hand and following the road at a even pace.
Pulling into a fancy looking carpark, he grinned at Alexa.
"Come on," he said, opening his door and opening her's with a gentle mens bow.
"M'lady," he chuckled, offering her an arm.

She chuckled, getting out of the car after he opened her door. She was a little nervous, seeing as he seemed to have chosen some where fancy for dinner. She still was not one for the crowds like these, and he knew that. Still, she would try and fit in, for him at least.
This was not something intentional that he had done, or was it?
"You know I don't like crowds," she said softly. "Especially this sort."

His eyes sparkled, despite her worried words.
"I know love," he murmured, taking her hand softly in his and leading her though the diner.
"Reservation for King," he told the waiter, who nodded briskly and lead them though the twists and turns of the tables before pausing at the back of the large area, sliding a small door open to a private room.
Kayson grinned down on Alexa, leading her in and pulling out a chair for her to sit.
"That's why we don't sit there," he said with a shrug, knowing she liked her privacy more. not the kind this place would have within its walls." She was not ready for this sort of thing at all. It was not something she liked at all.

She walked with him though, not sure that this was not going to be the easiest thing in the world to do at the moment.
She chuckled, of course he would have thought of that. At least she knew that nothing would be happening tomorrow, to do with the stables. Well, there was a mare being brought over by its owner to be put with Prince in the afternoon, but nothing all morning.
"Why did I ever doubt you?" Alexa muttered. of course he would have thought of things like this.
She felt like a complete idiot at the moment. There was no doubt he would have thought about things like this, she should never have thought that he would have forgotten about.
Chuckling she sat down on one of the chairs. "I seem to remember that the last time we ate somewhere private, back in China, we ended up in the newspaper," she remarked. She chuckled though, remembering the news article he'd translated from the paper the morning after she'd won that gold medal.
EQUESTRIAN OLYMPIAN GETTING MARRIED

There is a rumour flying around that they are together as a couple but how are the Chinese population meant to know if it is true or not? One of the the Olympic champions of today's events is going to be having a busy time very soon.
Ms Alexandra Collins, the winner of the Individual Gold Medal for Equestrian show jumping and her long time boy friend, a mister Kayson King, headed out from a friends place to go out for a private night out in our great city. They travelled for a while through the streets, only to stop in front of one of the quieter restaurants. Of course they got a private setting in another area off the main one, overlooking the Imperial Gardens but after your reporter managed to convince the staff there to let them be able to see what is going on in that room via video camera, there were some interesting things uncovered.
So the pair sat down and ordered from one of the waiters who came in to serve them personally. Ms Collins ordered the Sweet and Sour Pork that was on offer, and Mr King got one of the Honey Chicken meals. It was a while before anything of interest happened and to be honest your reported was not sure if anything would happen tonight.
After eating their meal, more attention was paid to each other while they sat there. It was uncertain what they talked about for a good hour and a half more, but eventually it seems that Mr King seemed to think about something and decide to act on it.
We watched to see him walk around the table to her and get down on one knee in front of her. Seeing as there was no audio on the camera we were watching from, we could not be sure what was being said until the young champion actually got up and kissed him.
Looks like another wedding is on the way.
"I hope that isle not going to happen again. Never found out who was responsible for them knowing that we were going to be at that particular place."
She chuckled though, knowing that there were some things that could not be changed at the moment.

His green orbs twinkled with gentle amusement, looking as she stared off, obviously remembering the day she mentioned. His heart felt light with joy, even after 6 years of marriage. That had been the day he had made his wish come true, the day he promised to always be their for her. For his Alexa. And so far, he had stuck by the promise and had no thought of stepping away from it. Alexa and their adopted children were his world, without them he had no idea where he would be. He only wished his mother and father could of been here to see him now, to meet his wife and love her as he did. He knew they would of.
His hand lent across the table, giving hers a gentle squeeze and chuckled warmly.
"And I doubt we ever will dear...anyways, I made sure not to let them know who we were, they only know that i'm a rich business man on a night out with his beautiful wife."
He kissed her cheek and lent back in his chair, her hand still lightly resting in his, and stared at the food which seemed to just appear before them.

She chuckled and gave him a little grin. She knew that he was only looking out for her at the moment. Some of the time though it could become a little annoying for her at the moment.
"You know you don't have to," she commented.
She had to get used to crowds like that eventually. "And I think they might have recognised me, a few of those people at least that we walked through. I know a few smiled at me." But then again, she might be wrong, but who was she to know?
Her mind strayed though, knowing that there were things that sometimes she had to think about.

Giving her hand yet another soft squeeze, he nodded his head thoughtfully.
"I know, but I wanted to have a peaceful night...one where you don't have to look over your shoulder every second and worry about someone staring at you," he told her honestly, smiling slightly. Shrugging slightly, he dug into the food having missed lunch because of the riding and found himself starving for the delicious food.
Chewing, he thought softly to himself, thinking of the night ahead of them.
"So.." he said, swallowing "how are things with the riding school?"
He knew of the basic needs, for he help pay and order such things..but other then that, he didn't have time to do much else then brush his own mare.

"At the moment everything is going well for the school. Though Sally has been passing on more and more of the workload to me. I don't know why, but she's getting very reliant on me. She's closed it down completely this afternoon. All the horses though are mine, so we'll be running it at home from now on. I won't be out at her place as much that means."
It was clear that she worried about Sally. She was more than a mentor to Alexa. No, she was like a mother to her. If something was changing with Sally, Alexa was the first of the people who knew her to know. "Even Seattles Grace, and I never thought she would part with her champion mare."

He smiled slightly, sending her a reassuring glance, knowing she was worried over her older, motherly figure.
"She'll be fine...she's just getting older love," he said gently "and she trusts you, so you should see that she trusts you to run it well in her stead."
He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, knowing she was worried. She always worried over others, never over herself.

He blinked though, at the mention of Sally's horse, agreeing absently with Alexa of just how weird that is.
"That is...odd," he admitted, but didn't want her worrying so he changed the topic.
"How's Lily going at school and Sara? I want to come to the next teacher-parent night...I'm taking time of work soon anyways," he said with a small smile at the mention of his daughters.
"And where's James been? I haven't seen him around much lately."

"Been busy with highschool he has." She smiled at him. "James really is doing well there, he seems to have the same frame of mind as I do. He really worked hard on moving out, and well look at that, he's got his own apartment now, just like I did at his age." She chuckled.
"The girls are doing well. Lily seems to want me not taking her to school anymore, when you know she's too young to catch the bus or use other means. Both of them are smarter than we ever thought they would be. Though Lily seems to get sidetracked sometimes, so does Sara. They need to learn that they have to stop thinking about Macaroni and Justin at school."
She chuckled. "Then again, I can't blame them. I was that way once, though I had other things also that i thought about." he knew what I meant. My father's abuse, my mother's death. Falling pregnant with Lily and being forced to give her to someone else to raise. There was a lot of history there.

"Thats good," he murmured, glad that James was doing well. James had always been like a son, or a younger brother. They had always gotten along well, even when they had first met. And when Kayson had gotten him back after being kidnapped for money, they had been even closer. James trusted him with Alexa, knowing that he would never hurt her.
"Maybe she could catch the bus with Sara?" he suggested "the schools are right next to each other...Sara could look after her and walk her next door before heading to her classes."
He knew that Sara wouldn't mind, she loved spending time with her little sister.
Chuckling lightly at them being distracted and thinking about their horses, he knew the feeling only to well.
"No doubt they do...but that is why we are here Alexa, to make sure they never have to go though what we went though growing up..." he looked to her with a soft smile "no doubt Lily and Sara will both follow in your footsteps..no doubt Kira as well."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:58 pm

She chuckled. “I'll mention it to them when we see them again tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure they would love that idea.” Hearing Kira's name she actually laughed a little louder. “Funny you should mention that. There is a show coming up soon, another one of the Olympic ones. Why do I bring that up? Both Kira and I got invitations to compete there.”

It was clear she was amused by the thought of competing against Kira. That was something that she knew would happen again one day. “At least this time its in Sydney, the games. Be able to drive down easily.” She smiled at him. “Aiemie is coming again as well, she's got a place in China's team for the third games in a row.”

The past two times, Alexa had beaten her Chinese friend in the jumping. Last time she'd won the silver dressage medal to. “Wonder if its our year this time to win the dressage. Came very close last year.” She smiled. “I'm going to be putting in a bit more time with Kira, now that the trials are not far off. It would be good to see her competing as well. She's definitely got the talent.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 pm

He blinked, breaking into a grin.
"Thats awesome love," he said with a small cheer, glad that she had yet another chance to show at the games. And this time against one of her own students.
"Well, we will be their to support you of course..." he said, pushing his plate away and nodded slightly "wouldn't miss it for the world..."
He grinned still, so very proud of her.
"How long have you known?" he asked, turning his head and gesturing to the waiter at the side of the room for a bill.
Back to top Go down
https://shadowsofthedeep.rpg-board.net
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm

“Gonna be different, actually having to compete against her. I have the feeling she's going to make it into the team. She's practically as good as I am.”

Alexa chuckled with him, knowing that he would want to know all the details, before she herself knew of them. “The date for the trials has not been set yet, but I was thinking that possibly, Aiemie could stay with us this time.” I knew that my friend would be pleased about that.

After all, she'd had us to stay with her last time. “and I only found out when I checked my emails yesterday morning before I left for the academy.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:46 am

Nodding his agreement, Kayson pulled out his wallet and paid for their meal with his credit card before turning back to his lovely wife.
"You will both most likely make the team," he smiled, knowing it to be true. Together, they would both be the most talented people on the squad.
At the mention of their chinese friend, he nodded quickly with a smile.
"Of course, she is more then welcome," he said, standing and offering her hand.
"To the movies? Or did you want to head home?" he questioned warmly.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:09 am

She smiled at him. "Which movie?" she asked, curiously. Once she knew which one was the one they might be seeing she would be able to decide. There were some things you couldn't decide against without knowing the full picture. Otherwise you could be missing out on something good and not even realise it at all. That was when things got a little annoying at times. When something like this happened.

It was clear that she was curious at the moment, but how long would that curiousity last in her at the moment? She was not one for secrets, and he knew that. But then again, she knew also that he would never hide anything major from her. That was not something he would ever do, and she knew him rather well.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 am

"I have no idea," he said truthfully with a small sheepish smile "I've had no time to check to tell you the truth..."
Ducking a large hand though his blonde hair, he opened the door for Alexa and they stepped out into the cool night. He felt as if they were still dating, still feeling as nervous today as he did on their first date. He smiled fondly at the memory, unable to believe that they had been married 6 years.
"We could go see what's on...?" he offered absently rubbing the scar on his arm, a habit he had gained from the injury and was yet to notice he actually did it while deep in thought.
"Or," he chuckled "we could head home."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:42 am

"I can't actually think of any good movies on at the moment." She chuckled lightly. At times things like that were no good really. "At least, not any that I would watch really." Nope too many horror movies for her liking. "Home might well be a better idea, I reckon."

Slowly she got to her feet, knowing that heading home was likely a good idea at the moment, plus there were things they could do together at him at least. "Lasair has not been out for a while, none of the students are good enough to give her a real work out." Not even Kira was good enough there, and she had her own horse.

"Maybe her could head home and then maybe go for a ride on one of the more well lit trails? There's a few I've been meaning to check out for a while, see if their worth taking one of my classes out on."
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:59 am

Kayson nodded slowly, arm snaking around her waist and pulling her closer to his side before kissing the top of his head.
"How about we do that in the morning?" he suggested gently "its getting late...and it will be dangerous to ride on unknown trails in the dark, anyways Idi's not well and the others will all be sleeping."
He kissed her lightly once more as the walked towards his dirty ute "we can get up a first light if you want."
Opening the car door for her, he closed it gently behind her before moving around to his side and starting it up, turning on the heater and pulled out of the car park and towards home.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:08 am

She didn't argue, she knew there were other things they could do tonight anyway. Things they did not do when the girls were home. At least they had that much sense in themselves. The girls were going to school tomorrow anyway. “The girls will be home after school, Talila's dropping them at school this time. Lily kinda pushed me into letting her.” Monday again, well that was a joy. There would not be as much to do this time though. She did not have to go anywhere to work. Just out into the backyard, which would be odd at first.

Not that she minded the change. It just was going to be wierd that home was also her work place. At least it was a good job to have really, so she would never bore of the idea of getting up for work. She had training to do though, but that could wait until the next day. Tomorrow though was theirs to spend together, after all, it was going to be Valentines day for them.

Before he could start up the car though, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek before doing up her seatbelt. She knew though that the time had come for them to start their own family, even with the girls still living under their roof. “I won't be competing as much any more,” she commented. “Prince is getting older now, and I'll have to start training another horse if I want to compete for much longer.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 am

He smiled softly as she kissed his cheek, the light feeling still making the tanned skin burn. His hand dropped between the seats, taking hers gently in his large one and squeezed it, nodding.
"Yes..." he said quietly "maybe one of his foals?"
"He still has a few years, so if you find a good mare, cover her and train the foal...well you could have another champion," he continued, mind already running though the list of mares.
Pausing, he looked at her out of the corner of her eye before speaking once more.
"What would you say to taking a break?" he asked quietly, unsure of what she would say in reply "so we can...concentrate on...making our own family?"
He looked at her again before studying the dark roads on their way home.
"Would you...like...to have more children?" he asked softly. He wanted to be a father, he already had to girls but he hadn't been there since the day they were born. He wanted another, but she had to be willing of course. He wanted a little boy, someone who was a perfect mixture of him and Alexa.
He kept his eyes on the road, not wanting to see her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:34 pm

At first there seemed confusion from his words, but it did not take her long to catch on to the real question. It had not been one that she had been expecting him to ask, though she knew that it was something she was getting more and more interested in doing these days. "It's going to take time to get another horse to Prince's standards," she commented in amusement.

She smiled though at him. "While I get that happening, I suppose we could make a start on our own family." She laughed lightly. "You can't create a champion in a year after all. So why don't we make a start on our own family?" It was not really a question she'd asked. No, it was more her agreeing to his idea of starting a family.

The question was.. would she be able to, after the whole cancer ordeal?
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 pm

The longish hair brushed his nose as he nodded briskly, a large hand running though it smoothly before taking her hand gently once more. Flashing her a small smile, he nodded once more.
"I would like nothing more," he said softly, flicking the blinker on as he pulled into the driveway.

The images already flooded his mind. His Alexa pregnant, with his child. A belly rounded with his son or daughter. He smiled, already able to feel himself holding her tightly within his arms.
Parking the ute, he ran around to her door and swept her up into his arms and kissed her fully on the lips.
"The whole night is ours," he murmured, nose skimming across her cheek before kissing her once more.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 pm

“I know we have the whole night, silly,” she chuckled, kissing him back both times. There was so much that they would be able to do tonight without the girls getting in the way. While Sara was nearly old enough to understand this sort of thing, Lily certainly was not. It was going to be a while before she was old enough there.

She wondered though whether she still could though. It was worth trying, but what if she couldn't? That was something that would be impossible to accept. Damn that cancer, she thought. Why did I have to be the one?
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 am

He grinned, kissing her button nose as they headed inside.

*** Next Morning ***

He woke with his muscular arms wrapped around her waist, holding her close against him. A sigh escaped him, though not one of sadness but more of relief. It was a habit of his, every morning, just glad to see her by his side. The smile softened, looking down upon his sleeping wife and propped himself up on one elbow, leaning closer to kiss her brow.
"Alexa?" he whispered, kissing her again and trailing her cheekbones with his plump lips "did you want to go see those trials before the girls got home?"
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 am

She smiled up at him as she woke up, knowing that there was an easy answer to his question.
“We have all day,” she reminded him.
“ The girls won't be home till school lets out.”
Smiling though, she kissed him gently.
“Happy Valentines Day, love.”
She was certainly happy that morning, though she did not know what was going to happen later.
“But yes, I do want to check them out before the girls get home. Sounds like a good way to spend the day.
Maybe instead of taking idi, you could take Perfect Equation? He needs a workout.”

She smiled, thinking of the brown and white overo Saddlebred stallion.
“I know I might take Prancers Ness. Haven't worked with her for a while.”
She smiled, remembering who the spirited Thorougbred mare's mother was.
She was certainly special to Alexa in particular.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 am

“Happy Valentines Day, love," he replied warmly, kissing her cheek gently before rolling out of the large bed.
Nodding slightly, he paused head tilting as he studied her "what about Lasair?" he questioned, tugging on jeans and shirt over his hairless chest.
Nodding once more, he sat on the edge of the bed and messed up her already messy bed hair.
"It will be good to see you on Nessie again, I haven't seen her around lately."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 am

“Is she meant to be a trail horse?” she asked.
“She looks more like one for the show arena really, not the trails.”
Usually she had a good eye for that sort of thing.
It was not something she could be doubted about at the moment, that much she knew.
“Should be getting the last couple of horses through from Sally this morning.”

She did not know what time though the horses were coming, though Sally was meant to be driving them over.
She got dressed quickly, pulling on a few of her older clothes, seeing as she knew she had a few things to do out in the barn that morning.
It was then the door bell rang.
“Though not this early,” she added, glancing at the clock.
It was only 7am.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

He paused thoughtfully and shook his head.
"She's an all rounder, she used to love the trails when she was being trained...loved the freedom I think," he said fondly for the first mare he had gifted his wife.

Looking up as the bell rang, he frowned but shrugged it off.
"You know Sally love, she likes to get things done and done quickly," he chuckled, knowing if there was one thing he had learnt about that woman was that she was very particular about things and the way they were done.
"Stay here and get dressed, I'll go see who it is," he said, treading down the stairs lightly and pulled open the door.
"Hello? Can I help you?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 am

It was not Sally who was waiting on the doorstep this time.
No instead it was two police officers.
One male, one female this time.
“Does Alexa King live here?” the female asked.
They had something to tell her, and they knew that she was not going to like it.

Alexa was already moving down the stairs.
She heard the question.
“That would be me, officers.”
Already, she could tell from their expressions that she was not going to like the reason that they were here.
“Would we be able to come in, miss?” asked the male officer.
“Of course.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm

He blinked, taking in the older and younger police officers. He stepped back slightly, allowing them into his home, wondering what they wanted with his wife.
Upon entering the lounge room, he sat on the soft stained couch beside Alexa and took her hand for gentle reassurance and gestured for the officers to sit.
"How can we help officers?" he asked once they were settled "and what are you looking for with my wife?"
He sent her a gentle smile before turning back to the cops, waiting to hear their words.

OOC: working tonight, so on slightly later XD
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 pm

She was worried as they moved into their lounge room. Something was wrong, she knew that much from the two officer's faces. Though what had happened she likely did not want to know. She settled on the couch next to Kayson though, knowing that usually she was calmest around him

“I'm sorry that we had to come so early in the morning, but this was something we thought we shouldn't keep from you both. We got a phone call from one of the other people who works at Leons Riding Academy, the old location, who was in hysterics. She'd come to work only to find that Ms. Leons was not answering any of her questions, nor doing anything at all.”

The female police officer took over now. “When we got over there though it was obvious why Ms Leons was not replying to any of the stable hand's questions. We found her, in one of the stalls, lying down. It looks like her horse trampled her to death.”

Alexa gasped, unable to believe it. “Your'e sure?” she stammered, clearly shocked by the news..
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:16 am

Kayson's hand tightened around Alexa's comforting her the only way he could. Sally was dead. Trampled to death by the very creatures she gave her life to.
Closing his eyes and taking in a steady breath, he had to be strong for Alexa, he nodded to the officers.
"Thank you for coming to tell us," he said quietly "where is she now?"
It was up to them to make the funeral she deserved, after all she had no other family. Alexa was her daughter in everything but blood.
He hesitated for a moment, but continued anyways.
"Which horse?" he asked quietly, hoping it wasn't to be put down because of an accident.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 am

"We don't think the horse is to be blamed at the moment. A few of the others have already been checking Ms. Leons out and it looks as though something else killed her... not the horse itself. Happened to find her in her most cherished horses' stall."

"Seattles Grace?" Alexa gasped. "Where is she now?"

"The girl who found Ms. Leons is bringing her over here for you, seeing as we've learnt all the horses are yours now," the female cop replied. "I helped getting the mare out of the stall, they are one of the things I love most other than that of my job."

"Thanks..."
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 am

Kayson breathed out a sigh of relief, nodding his thanks once more.
"God," he muttered, brushing his free hand though his hair. After such a lovely night, it seemed to have ended rather roughly and no relief appeared before them.
"Thank you..once again...if you know anything, please tell us right away," he said standing and tugging Alexa to her feet.
"Now, it seems we have few new arrivals to get ready for," he said "is their anything else?"
He know he might appear as somewhat rude, but at the time he honestly didn't care. All he could think of was Alexa, oh how he wanted to hold her close and cover her ears from such horrid news.
He squeezed Alexa's hand gently "I think it best we brought the girls home early..." he murmured, knowing they would be upset but had every right to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alexa and Kayson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexa and Kayson   Alexa and Kayson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alexa and Kayson
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow's Of The Deep :: General :: Time To Talk-
Jump to: