Shadow's Of The Deep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RP site with creatures of all kinds.

HomeWelcome!GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The lonely lioness

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

The lonely lioness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Jason Lewis

He stood his ground firmly, knowing death would come if he ran.
"I am Jason Lewis sir," he said, bowing his head slightly in respect "a shifter such as yourself, though I never have seen another pack before."
"I met your daughter while at work, and somehow knew she was a shifter," his white ears flickered slightly "and I was curious about the others..I have never met another shifter before."
He kept his head slightly bowed in respect, not wanting to seem he was here causing trouble. Though, his eyes darted after Nania as she darted inside the cave with worry.
Back to top Go down
https://shadowsofthedeep.rpg-board.net
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Her father's teeth had gotten her and when her father stepped sideways blocking her from sight she sighed. If she couldn't see Jason, he would not be able to see her either.
One of the oldest lionesses came over, licking at her gently, where his teeth had torn into her neck. She yelped a couple of times, but the older lioness simply said, "Hush little one."
Slowly she seemed to calm down, but not without effort at the moment. What was happening out there?

The male leader of the pride snorted. "We're not a pack, but a pride. Meaning one adult male, and a lot of females. You have no place here, lion." There was a clear threat in his words. Jason was not welcome here, while her father still lvied here.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Jason Lewis

He nodded "my apologies, I did not know sir," he said quietly, trying to see Nania around him after hearing her yelp. She she hurt?
Feeling his hackles rise at the following words, he felt something rise within him.
"Then I will fight you," he growled, feeling his masculine side rising "for the right to stay."
He knew how to fight, even in this form. He had risen quickly though the ranks at the army before he had left, due to being a natural. But he wouldn't kill the older lion, despite knowing he would kill him, he would only do it to show his worth.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:59 pm

She winced at his words. She knew that her father would kill him, since a challenge had come here. This was not something she wanted. Before any of the others knew what she was doing, she'd scrambled up another cliff, and leapt down in front of her father. On the side of her neck, in full view of both male lions were several bloody tares. "And yet you said you would never hurt me because I'm your favorite daughter," she snarled at her father.
He snarled and whacked at her again. "Get inside! We'll talk about this later."
This time she did not back down. Instead she herself rose up onto her own hindlegs as he did, seeing the threat in her. Repeatedly their front legs smashed into each other. Neither seemed to be giving any mercy. Both were constantly roaring in anger at the other. "You think I learned nothing from the days I spend away even now in the army? Think again, father."
Eventually though, he'd pinned her, though his claws were not digging into her. "Leave this place, and don't ever return." He glared at her then let got of her.
The hurt and determination in her eyes though was clear as she left, head low to the ground in submittal. She had not expected this outcome, but she was secretly pleased. "You coming Jason?" She'd build her own pride, and one day the cave that was her father's would be hers again.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:13 am

Jason Lewis

He watched with surprise as the male attacked his own daughter, though he tried to find a way to stop their battle. It was his battle to fight, he didn't want to see her hurt.
He growled at the brute, tail flickering as he followed Nania slowly. He knew her pride was hurt, but he knew she had fought well, she just didn't have the strength of her side.

A safe distance away, he nudged her shoulder gently.
"Are you okay?" he asked, worry clear in his soft words "you shouldn't of done that...I should have fought him...now you have lost your family because of me.."
He sighed, feeling guilty.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:23 am

“No, he had that coming for a while. Over the last few years, there has been a lot of friction between my father and I. We both knew it was going to end up with us fighting. I'm actually glad to be away from all of them.” She chuckled as she headed towards one of the borders. “Only thing hurt was my own pride, not his. I half expected that. He will never see me again.”

She was stronger than any of them knew. Things were only going to get better, now that she didn't have him breathing down her neck every minute of the day. Time though had finally made things come to be the way she wanted them to be. “Finally be able to do things the way I want,” she added. “I'm fine, really.” There was nothing to worry about at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:37 am

Jason Lewis

The huge paws brushed the ground, running without stumbling over the rocky surface. He leapt from one rock to the next, looking somewhat like the leaping deer as they bounded forth when he skidded to a stop, head turning to stare at her.
"As much as I'd love to stay and chat...I need to go home for a moment," he said softly, hating the thought of leaving her alone since this was mostly his fault, but then his odd green-grey orbs brightened.
"Come with me," he urged "I need to speak to Eruion before I can go with you.."
He recoiled at the words as they left them, not sure how she would react at his idea of going with her. He already felt an attraction to her, she was beautiful and filled with energy. Someone he could easily see himself with. But he couldn't just run off and leave them behind with a word.
"Come with me..." he said again softly, nose stretching towards her.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 am

“I think I will come with you. It seems that I am going to have to figure things out for myself at the moment, and well being around you seems easy enough at the moment.” She though would be more easy around humans than the others would have bee. Not that it mattered there.

“Where to from here?” She knew where she was planning on claiming for her own. Things were going to get better from now on for her. “I have ideas of somewhere to run away from my old family. There was an area none ever went. Father forbade us from there, after I showed him.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 am

Jason Lewis

The paws changed their direction, padding in the direction of home.
"Why would he do that?" he asked, curious to why he would do such a thing. Tail flickered behind him, the farm slowly came back into view. Changing quickly back into his human form, he gestured for her to do the same.

An aged man wandered the paddock, frowning deeply as he searched for his missing hand. His head was mostly bald, only a little bit of hair on the back of his head glossy under the sun as he bent, picking up a rock and throwing it a small distance away with disgust. Clearly he was looking for Jason.
Wrapping his arm tightly around Nania's waist he whispered into her ear gently "play along please.."
Walking as so, he approached the man with a small, worried smile. Eruion was like his second father, he had been there more then his own father.
"Eruion," he greeted the farmer, arm still wrapped tightly around Nania "I would like you to meet someone...special to me."
Eruion looked up at the sound of approach, frowning at the sight of Jason but it cleared into a delighted smile at the sight of Nania on his arm.
Holding out his hand in the good natured fashion "pleasure to meet you..."
"Nania," Jason supplied and Eruion nodded slightly.
"So your the reason Jason's been going missing eh?" he questioned, eyebrow rising "pretty little lass you got their Jas."
Jason blushed and mumbled something about him not being his father, therefore not allowed to embarrass him.

OOC: 236 words xD
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:22 am

As they got to the edge of the trees, she phased into a human automatically. “Don't need telling. Would freak out anyone out there, if she ran out as a lioness.
She was lucky that in this form, none of the recent injuries she'd had showed. A few faint scars criss-crossed her arms and shoulders but that was all. “That I would be,” she replied. She smiled politely at the man that Jason greeted out in the fields.
She was amused though, she did not interact with humans much and this little talk was entertaining for her. She was too used to working with lions. Though in the army, she was always a lion, they were not concerned any more about her. They had even made her special armour, which one of them helped her get on when she form shifted.
"Pleasure to meet you, Eruion."
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:34 am

Jason Lewis

Eruion bobbed his head, gaze flicking between Jason and Nania.
"Eh, what would I know," he said with a wave of his hand, turning to Jason slightly "I was looking for you, fields only half done, needs to be finished."
Jason smiled apologetic "I was resting the horse when Nania turned up, we got...sidetracked," he explained, knowing the older man would properly pass it off as 'young love'.
"I see.." he said thoughtfully and shrugged "so long as its done by nightfall, I don't really mind. We have seeds to sow tomorrow."
Jason's free arm reached out, resting gently upon the shoulder.
"Eruion," he said gently "I'm leaving....I'll finish the field and then I'm off...I am truly sorry, but were getting married and I cannot work here, we are starting out own farm."
He hoped she would play along with it, he knew that it was the only way that Eruion would let him go.
"I see..." he said quietly, hand running over his blading head "so long as you come back to visit once the kids are born, I expect grandchildren."
Jason blushed slightly, but nodded.
"Thank you Eruion, you have been the father I never had."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:30 pm

She smiled at him. “I'm sorry to have caused any trouble that comes out of this, sir,” she said, smiling at him with gentle eyes. She really was sorry that Jason was leaving him for her, though in a way Jason was also making her glad that she would not be alone. Sure she was not all that much to look at, but she was a fighter, and that was something that would never change in her. Not till they were older, she knew.

“One day, we'll visit, I'm sure,” she said. “Once things are all settled.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Jason Lewis

He held her tightly to his side, feeling bad about lying to his father figure but having made his descion to stick with her.
Eruion grunted in reply, waving a hand.
"Off with ya then, don't choo worry about the field my boy, just scamper off with ya lass," he told Jason, smiling fondly at Naina "you treat her right, you hear? He gives you any trouble, send him back to me."
He chuckled, moving back up the field towards the stallion and hitching him back up and getting to work.

Jason flushed deeper, mumbling something quietly to himself before turning to Nania.
"Do we need anything? Or do we just run for it?" he asked, eyebrow rising.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:24 pm

She chuckled. “I think I can handle things on my own,” she said. “But thanks any ways.”
Looking at Jason after the other man walked away from them, she answered his own question quickly.
“We'll be fine. Might need a bit of food for the time being while I learn to hunt properly. But soon I'll be able to deal with any food we need.”
She looked forwards to everything that was yet to come for them. It was going to get interesting for them now.
“Come on, let me show you where I had in mind.” oh how she hoped he'd like it.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Jason Lewis

He chuckled quietly at that, hand swooping though his short locks "I can hunt," he said quietly. He had taught himself how and was rather good at it.
"We wont be needing food," he commented, gesturing for her to lead the way "lets go."
They moved back towards the forest, Jason both happy and confused at the current time. He felt bad about leaving his adopt family so quickly, but was happy he would spend time with Nania.
There was just something about her....
She was nothing like the others.

He sighed again, shifting once they reached the safety of the trees and waited for her to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 pm

The white paws hit the ground as soon as she was in the forest, she was not even thinking about changing. “We'll be fine then,” she said, as her lioness speed carried her in a direction away from where her father was. She knew she could not go there. Not that she would ever dream of doing so.
Soon though they came out into a clearing which housed a huge big rock formation with a cave a quarter of the way up. “This is where I have been thinking of.” She smiled, running forwards and leaping up the rocks easily. She remembered how things were in here. “This is the place my father forbade everyone from coming.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Jason Lewis

The larger bodice followed her quickly, nimbly over the forest floors. He enjoyed the short run, the feeling of stretching his muscles was wonderful.
Coming upon the large, open area he looked around with curious green-grey orbs. It was, to put it simply, beautiful.
Leaping from a rock to the next, he found himself up the top of the rocks and peering down upon the lands. A small smile appeared, able to picture himself clearly up here ruling over others.
A throaty chuckle left him at the thought, such a mere dream clearly he would be doing no such thing. Slowly he turned, large paws leading back down to Nania before he noticed the cave under it all.
"It is perfect," he said before musing out loud "I wonder why your father did not take it for himself...."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 pm

“Supposedly bad memories turned him away from it. I don't know what he meant by that, seeing as it looks to have been made for lions to roost in.” she smiled. “It's his loss, not ours. I found this place a few years ago, I'm surprised no one else has claimed it for their own. Guess I got lucky there.”

Several herbivorous herds of animals could be seen dotting the plains around there. “But now, its ours.” She smiled, running up the rocks, leaping and climbing happily. There were so many good places to sit and look out at the rest of their area.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Jason Lewis

He nuzzled the top of her head gently and froze, shocked by his actions for a moment before quickly following her down the rock's side.
Why had he done that? Would she mind or skin his ass? His mind shot though points quickly, feet scampering after her before pausing, attention drawn to the cave and he growled deeply.
"Stay here.." he muttered, slinking towards the cave and entering inside.

Still for a moment, his eyes peered around in the darkness before finally landing upon the figure. It was old, curled into a ball and yet not moving. Stepping closer, Jason noted it was dead.
Human...and a lion...? he shifted slightly closer, curious. But as the saying went, curiosity killed the cat. The other, smaller lion leapt at him, teeth bared and Jason noticed it was a lioness.
"I mean you no harm," he said quietly, backing away but she just growled, approaching him. A real lion, not a shifter like him and Nania.
Knowing she wasn't going to back down, he roared at her loudly, pinning her to the floor.
"Leave!" he hissed, snapping teeth close to her face to make sure she got the message.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:41 pm

She watched as he joined her up on the peak she had found her way back up to. She did not do anything she would regret when he touched the top of her head. She was made for this place, and so was he. Though when he said to stay there, of course she could not do that. It was not her place to take orders from him, not matter what their pasts. She was one one of the wild born and always would be.

When she found her way back down to the cave entrance, she roared at the other female as well. The other female shrunk back as soon as she could move again and ran for it. It seemed she was more terrified of Naina herself than she was of Jason. “Thats rather odd, you would have thought she would have run for it when you confronted her, yet she did only when I showed up.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Jason Lewis

He watched her go, eyes following her every movement as she scamped off before turning to Nania.
"Maybe your just scarier then me," he said with a playful tone and chuckle before frowning deeply.
"Or maybe...your father?" he suggested, still frowning deeply "you look a bit like him, despite being white and all..."
His tail flickered as he thought deeply, still trying to figure out why her father no long came here.

He padded deeper into the cave, noting the closed back with a nod. It would be safe in here, warm as well and safe from the elements outside.
A good winter place.
But then he frowned, walking deep into the corner of the cave and paused as a path opened up.
"Nania," he called over his white, muscled shoulder "come look at this.."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 am

She wandered over after him, wondering what he had found. She was surprised to say the least when she found the odd looking passageway. “That's never been found before,” she said. “Wonder where it goes?” this was their home now, so shouldn't they find out where it went?
However she waited to hear what Jason thought about this, before moving a muscle. There was no way she was going there if he was not going to come. That was not something she was brave enough to do at the moment. “You want to come and take a look?” she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:01 am

Jason Lewis

He shook his maned head and chuckled.
"Come on you big scaredy cat, lets go exploring," he said, leaping forth and taking the lead in the narrow path, shoulders brushing lightly against the cool stone walls.
He continued forth, feeling younger then he had in years as he explored the straight forth, hidden tunnel.

A light started to show, getting brighter and brighter as they moved towards the end. The stones, he noted, were flicked with snow despite the sunlight streaming in.
They reached the end and he blinked, having never guessed that this was what they would discover.

A forest, within the back of the cave. Eyes ran around the bounders, seeing that it was surrounded by rock walls, the same as the cave, and only grew from the rain and sunlight from above.
Snow dusted the grass and trees, dappled sunlight brushing everything it could.
"Wow," he muttered looking to Nania "we have our own secret garden."

OOC:

At the end of the tunnel: The opening::
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/084/d/7/Cave_by_Lytse.jpg

The outside at the end of the cave:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/021/7/f/7fcf16145648d52823e42060ade033e0.jpg

Last edited by Kanchana on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erosaf
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 am

If there was a word to show what she felt when she looked around the cave, it was amazement.
“Who would have thought this would be hidden where no one else will ever discover it?”
She was completely stunned as she moved out into it, looking around in amazement.

Being in this magical, untouched area, made her feel younger than she was.
Things like this usually would not exist, but she knew that it all did.
There was no doubt in her mind that this was reality in front and around her.
After all there was the slight pain in her neck from where her father had bitten her for proof.

Sure it was painful, but she was used to such things.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:43 am

Jason Lewis

As she moved past him, looking around in awe his gaze was captured by the blood which was quickly matting within her white fur. He growled quietly, following after her.
"Nania," he said quietly "why didn't you tell me you were hurt?"
He shifted to his human form, kneeling beside her and gently touched the wound with his fingers.
"Its very deep..." he whispered, feeling a building hatred against her pathetic father. How dare he hurt her! How dare he even think such a thing. He felt a tender protective side he had never felt before rising, a more caring side of himself he had never seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lonely lioness   The lonely lioness - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The lonely lioness
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow's Of The Deep :: Oileán Island :: Raivata-
Jump to: